Road to Slainte

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Help Across The Pond

As difficult as it is here in the states to find qualified professionals to treat pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD), Europeans have an even worse time.  For this reason, I was very excited to stumble across: Pelvic Physiotherapy for Pelvic Pain.  This site is in its infancy, the plan is to grow; the are adding video instruction, building a larger database of therapists and resources.   

I am usually wary of sites that give information on pelvic pain and give instruction on strengthening the pelvic floor.  The site is VERY clear about learning to relax completely before jumping into strengthening, and I LOVE the descriptions of the relaxation sequences.  Sniff, Flop, Drop.  Even I can remember that. 

Thanks, Maeve Whelan, for coming up with this wonderful resources, for women all over the world!

 

2 Comments:

  • Hi I hope this message will reach Dr. Molly Miller. I was just wondering if were still seeing patients with pelvic floor dysfunction. I have been trying to call you but it says the number has been disconnected. I also wrote you an email a few days ago that i got off your website. You seem so knowledgable and sincere and i would love to see you if at all possible for the pain i am having. It has been going on for a year now and I do not know what to do anymore. I am so young and i'm terrified im gonna have to live with this for the rest of my life. If you could please email me at tfitch17@yahoo.com i would really really appreciate it. Thank you so much and i hope to hear from you soon :)

    By Blogger scarednconfused, At 4:00 PM  

  • Great post..
    Thank you for the post..

    By Anonymous Transcription Services, At 3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home